Meet Cathy Bollinger
I am passionate about creating a York County that is inclusive and respectful of all generations. To that end, I use the deep knowledge I have attained in creating age-friendly organizations and communities to:
- Guide organizations and businesses to become more age-friendly
- Increase age-friendly public policies
- Consult with employers regarding best age-smart practices
- Lead a grantmaking program designed to disrupt negative views on aging and enhance the quality of life for older people
- Facilitate strategic sessions and training on becoming age-friendly
- Conduct age-friendly audits
- Present and publish on the issue of ageism
- Help older people plan for how they want to age in community
Specialized training in human centered design, facilitative leadership for social change, strategic planning, and diversity education, along with extensive experience in these areas, have given me unique perspective and expertise to guide businesses and community stakeholders in creating an age-friendly environment.
Always ready to share my passion and educate others, I have presented at national aging conferences and webinars, appeared on regional radio and television shows, and have had articles published in regional and local publications. At the invitation of Chairman Collins and Ranking Member Casey, I was honored to be one of four witnesses selected to present testimony at the United States Senate Special Committee on Aging hearing – Aging with Community: Building Connections that Last a Lifetime in May 2017.
As a highly motivated problem solver and creative thinker, I desire to be a catalyst for changing the way people experience aging in York County. After all, it benefits all of us as we age!