Who is Eligible
Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations, government agencies, or public school districts.
Criteria for a qualifying organization:
- Nonprofits must be classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity under the Internal Revenue Code. (This does not apply to government agencies or public school districts.) Individuals do not qualify as applicants.
- Nonprofits must have 501(c) (3) status for at least one year.
- Applicant must provide services directly to York County.
- Applicant must be up-to-date on any active interim or post-grant reports before applying for a new grant.
- Applicant must have a board-approved Anti-Discrimination Policy AND a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy.
YCCF does NOT provide grants to support:
- Endowments, capital campaigns, budget shortfalls, normal operations, debt retirement, or association dues.
- Sectarian religious programs.
- Organizations with discriminatory employment or program practices.
- Any form of direct financial assistance to individuals.
- Reimbursement for programs or items purchased before a grant is authorized.
YCCF Inclusion Policy
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the York County Community Foundation on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as identified in paragraph 249 (c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability.