Who is Eligible
Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations, government agencies or public school districts. The following is the criteria for a qualifying organization:
- If a nonprofit, must be classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity under the Internal Revenue Code (this does not apply to government agencies or public school districts). Individuals are not qualified applicants.
- If a nonprofit, must have 501(c) (3) status for at least one year.
- Must provide services directly to York County.
- Must be up-to-date on any active interim or post-grant reports before applying for a new grant.
Grants are NOT provided for:
- Endowments, capital campaigns, budget shortfalls, normal operations, debt retirement or association dues.
- Sectarian religious programs.
- Organizations with discriminatory employment or program practices.
- Any form of direct financial assistance to individuals.
- Reimbursement for programs, programs or items purchased before grant is authorized.
YCCF Inclusion Policy
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the York County Community Foundation on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as identified in paragraph 249 (c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability.