Memorial Health Fund
This grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues, funding programs that improve the complete physical, mental and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
May 4, 2020 Competitive grant cycle opens
July 10, 2020 Applications due
August 10, 2020 Revised applications due
August 21, 2020 Grant awards announced
The Memorial Health Fund competitive grant program is designed to be flexible. Small grant requests will be considered, as well as those for up to $50,000 for grants with a large scope. Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities.
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
- Josette Myers, Chair
- Michelle Hovis, Chair-Elect
- Laura Niesen de Abruna, Ph.D., Secretary
- Grace Quartey, CPA, Treasurer
- Chloe Eichelberger
- Tina Hess
- Matthew Howie, M.D.
- Mark Illfelder, M.D.
- Anika Jackson
- Michael Spangler, D.O.
- Margaret Z. Swartz