Memorial Health Fund
This grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues, funding programs that improve the complete physical, mental and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
|Wednesday, August 3, 2022||Applications Open|
|Friday, September 9, 2022||Applications Close|
The Memorial Health Fund competitive grant program is designed to be flexible. Small grant requests will be considered, as well as those for up to $50,000 for grants with a large scope. Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities.
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
- Michelle Hovis, Chair
- Laura Niesen de Abruna, Ph.D., Secretary
- Grace Quartey, CPA, Treasurer
- Chloe Eichelberger
- Tina Hess
- Matthew Howie, M.D.
- Mark Illfelder, M.D.
- Anika Jackson
- Jenette Lloyd-Jones
- Michael Spangler, D.O.
- Margaret Z. Swartz
- Terrence Walker