Memorial Health Fund
This grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues by funding programs that improve the complete physical, mental, and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
|First Cycle Applications Open: February 15, 2023
First Cycle Applications Close: March 8, 2023
First Cycle Resubmitted Applications Due: March 15, 2023
First Cycle Awards Announced: May 2, 2023
*Program start date for first grant cycle must be May 1 or later.*
Second Cycle Applications Open: September 4, 2023
Second Cycle Applications Close: September 25, 2023
Second Cycle Resubmitted Applications Due: October 4, 2023
Second Cycle Awards Announced: December 1, 2023
*Program start date for first grant cycle must be December 1 or later.*
The Memorial Health Fund competitive grant program is designed to be flexible. Small grant requests will be considered, as well as those for generally up to $50,000 for grants with a large scope. Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities
Prior to submitting a Memorial Health Fund grant application, all potential grantees must schedule a meeting with Adrian Buckner to discuss the program or project idea to ensure it meets the funding source requirements.
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
- Michelle Hovis, Chair
- Grace Quartey, CPA, Treasurer
- Matthew Howie, M.D.
- Tina Hess
- Mark Illfelder, M.D.
- Anika Jackson
- Jennette Lloyd-Jones
- Michael Spangler, D.O
- Margaret Swartz
- Terrence Walker, DDS
- Emmanuel John, PT, DPT, PhD, MPH, MBA
- Nancy Newton