Memorial Health Fund
This grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues by funding programs that improve the complete physical, mental, and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
|First Cycle Applications Open: February 15, 2023
First Cycle Applications Close: March 8, 2023
First Cycle Resubmitted Applications Due: March 15, 2023
First Cycle Awards Announced: May 2, 2023
*Program start date for first grant cycle must be May 1 or later.*
Second Cycle Applications Open: September 4, 2023
Second Cycle Applications Close: September 25, 2023
Second Cycle Resubmitted Applications Due: October 4, 2023
Second Cycle Awards Announced: December 1, 2023
*Program start date for second grant cycle must be December 1, 2023 or later.
Prior to submitting a Memorial Health Fund grant application, all potential grantees must contact Chawna Griffith-Myers, Grants Administrative Assistant, to schedule a meeting to discuss the grant proposal to ensure it meets the funding source requirements.
The Memorial Health Fund competitive grant program is designed to be flexible. Small grant requests will be considered, as well as those for generally up to $50,000 for grants with a large scope. Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
- Michelle Hovis, Chair
- Grace Quartey, CPA, Treasurer
- Matthew Howie, M.D.
- Tina Hess
- Mark Illfelder, M.D.
- Anika Jackson
- Jennette Lloyd-Jones
- Michael Spangler, D.O
- Margaret Swartz
- Terrence Walker, DDS
- Emmanuel John, PT, DPT, PhD, MPH, MBA
- Nancy Newton