Embracing Aging Grants Program
York County Community Foundation’s Hahn Home Fund supports Embracing Aging, which began with the vision of one woman, Anna Gardner, who died in 1913 and left her estate to support the Hahn Home and care for older women. Now, 100+ years later, her legacy lives on through Embracing Aging, which includes grants for programs serving people age 50 and older. The Chester H. Thomas Fund is also included in Embracing Aging.
Grants are awarded for new programs, expansion of programs, or the continuation of existing impactful programs. Grants are also awarded for planning and research or piloting new ideas.
2023 Grant Programs
Embracing Aging Community Grants
- For requests up to $6K
- Focus: Programs serving people age 50+
- Applications are read, scored, and decided by community grant readers
- Two cycles in 2023
First Grant Cycle Opens: February 1, 2023
First Grant Cycle Closes: March 1, 2023
First Grant Cycle Awards Announced: April 10, 2023
*Program start date for first grant cycle must be April 1 or later.*
Second Grant Cycle Opens: July 1, 2023
Second Grant Cycle Closes: August 1, 2023
Second Grant Cycle Awards Announced: September 8, 2023
*Program start date for second grant cycle must be September 1 or later.*
Embracing Aging Larger Grants
- For requests over $6K
- Focus: Initiatives serving people age 50+ in the areas of housing, transportation, healthy living, employment, and increasing joy & meaning
- Applications are read, scored, and decided by the Embracing Aging Distribution Committee
- One grant cycle in 2023
- Organizations are required to complete a Letter of Intent (LOI) before applying
- The Embracing Aging Distribution Committee will review the LOI and decide if they invite the organization to apply
Letter of Intent Due: July 26, 2023
Decision Announced if Asked to Apply: August 9, 2023
Applications Due: September 8, 2023
Resubmitted Applications Due: October 25, 2023
Decisions Announced: No later than December 14, 2023
Prior to submitting an Embracing Aging grant application, all potential grantees must schedule a meeting with Cathy Bollinger to discuss the program or project idea to ensure it meets the funding source requirements.
Contact Cathy Bollinger, Managing Director of Embracing Aging at [email protected] or by phone at 717.848.3733, ext. 111.