Embracing Aging Grants Program
Embracing Aging is supported by the Hahn Home Fund, which was established through the bequest of Anna Gardner; also includes the Chester H. Thomas Fund.
Embracing Aging focuses on improving how people experience aging in York County. We work to:
- Increase opportunities to engage in the community as one wants/needs
- Improve quality housing options
- Help older prepare to age in community
Our vision is to make York County a great place to age!
Embracing Aging holds community grant cycles two times each year where community volunteers read applications of up to $6,000 and select which grants to fund. Community grant applications are shorter than other YCCF grant applications.
Grant Cycle 1
Feb. 3, 2020 Grant cycle opens
March 3, 2020 Applications due
April 8, 2020 Awards announced
Grant Cycle 2
July 7, 2020 Grant cycle opens
August 7, 2020 Applications due
Sept. 9, 2020 Awards announced
Contact Roth Preap at email@example.com with questions about community grants.
Grants up to $20,000 may be considered throughout the year if they demonstrate scale and scope in Embracing Aging’s focus areas. We also can consider larger grants that create systemic change, including:
- Larger multiyear grants that build collaborative groups’ capacity to work in a collective impact framework
- Programs identified by a collaborative group as having the highest priority
To see a summary of the collective impact framework, click here.
Contact Cathy Bollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about larger grants.