MISSION: To create a vibrant York County by engaging donors, providing community leadership, investing in high-impact initiatives while building endowment for future generations.
York County Community Foundation (YCCF) is one of the fastest- growing community foundations in Pennsylvania, playing a central role in creating a vibrant York County. It achieves its mission by engaging donors and nonprofit organizations in creating endowed funds that support community improvement today and into the future. YCCF awards between $5 million and $6 million in grants each year as stewards of gifts made by donors wishing to turn their passion into a lasting legacy for York County.
The goal of YCCF’s Development Department is to become the undisputed first choice for endowed charitable giving in York County. The Gift Planning Officer is responsible for generating and cultivating donor relationships so that YCCF meets its development goals. Often the first point of contact for potential donors, the Gift Planning Officer must have outstanding customer service skills, a thorough understanding of all giving options and be strategic and deliberate in completing the cultivation process.
The Gift Planning Officer manages a portfolio of current fundholders, legacy members and prospective donors. The Gift Planning Officer is engaged in all stages of fund creation and planned giving process to ensure donor satisfaction. As an integral member of the Development Department, the Gift Planning Officer collaborates with the team to develop and enhance strategies, communications and processes and raise the visibility of YCCF in the community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Engaging Donors (80%)
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies with a portfolio of existing fundholders, prospective fundholders and legacy members to ensure they remain engaged and interested in expanding their partnership with YCCF.
- Collaborate with various YCCF departments to ensure that donor stories are accurately portrayed and their intentions are carefully stewarded.
- Assist with outreach and promotional activities to the professional legal, tax and financial planning advisor community including making public presentations.
- Assist in the transition of bequests and estates to YCCF.
- Develop donor prospect research for the Vice President and President.
- Maintain accurate and current records of interactions with all stakeholders via database.
- Assist in the development of analytic reports of trends and results to inform strategies and report to YCCF Board of Directors and committees.
- Serve as back-up to the Vice President and President with all donors and prospective donors when necessary.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Providing Community Leadership (5%)
- Participate, as appropriate, in industry associations to stay current on best practices and help promote legacy giving in York County.
- Represent YCCF at community events to develop and sustain donor relationships.
Investing in High-Impact Initiatives (5%)
- Maintain consistent communication with YCCF’s grantmaking department to ensure donor’s intentions are sustained and to collect grantee stories to share with donors.
- At times, assist in the resolution of grant distribution challenges to ensure timely and accurate processing of grants from fund.
Building Endowment for Future Generations (5%)
- Assist in the evaluation of YCCF’s Gift Acceptance Policy to balance organization’s growth and donor needs.
- Maintain a solid understanding of YCCF’s investment approach.
- Help translate investment strategies and returns to donors.
Institutional Leadership (5%)
- Assist in the development of department and organizational plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the organization to streamline processes and maximize services for donors.
- Incorporate organization’s values into all interactions with colleagues.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement to identify and implement ideas for organizational improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Four years of experience in fundraising, asset development or a client-centered field.
- A commitment to excellent customer service and demonstrated capacity to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for engaging donors in becoming more connected to the community through their philanthropy and through the community foundation endowment model.
- Exemplary ability to work collaboratively and to maintain positive relationships with the team.
- Ability to maintain a flexible office schedule to accommodate donor availability and YCCF presence in the community with required participation in Community Foundation events on occasional evenings or early mornings.
Functional skills include: excellent relationship-building skills; strong communication skills (written and verbal); analysis and problem-solving skills; strong listening ability; creativity; strong organizing and prioritizing skills; ability to work with volunteers; flexibility and openness to a changing environment; teamwork, honesty, confidentiality, ethics, dependability and effective work habits.
Technical skills include: experience and understanding of endowed and planned giving; knowledge in computer technology and system/software applications; basic office management systems; knowledge of data base management systems and interface with other software applications.
YCCF Inclusion Policy
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of York County Community Foundation on the basis of age, race, color religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249 ©(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability.
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to:
York County Community Foundation
14 West Market Street
York, PA 17401
Applications must be received by December 6, 2019. No phone calls.