One of the fastest-growing and largest community foundations in Pennsylvania seeks a Chief Development Officer to tap into the region’s long-held philanthropic spirit and community pride to create unsurpassed opportunities for all.
York County Community Foundation has stepped forward to play a central and award-winning role in creating a vibrant York County. For 56 years, YCCF has worked with donors to establish more than 500 permanent endowment funds, a legacy society with more than 350 members, and assets of more than $150 million. In 2017, YCCF received a Commonwealth Award from 10,000 Friends of PA for its Social Impact Investment Fund, a recently-established patient capital fund that uses its operating surplus to invest in local economic development projects that contribute to York’s downtown renaissance.
YCCF has developed an exciting and ambitious five-year vision to 2022, which includes the goals of growing its assets to $200 million (a 30% increase) through fundraising and wise investment; increasing bequest intentions through its legacy group, the 1749 Society; and increasing its percentage of discretionary funds to allow the YCCF Board to address areas of greatest community need. Given the demographic projections in the community and expectations of generational wealth transfer, there is a tremendous opportunity to pursue higher levels of donor engagement, a broader reach of prospect identification and cultivation, and powerful messaging about YCCF’s role in creating a vibrant community.
YCCF seeks a Chief Development Officer to be a key architect of its fundraising efforts. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CDO reports to the President and CEO, inspires Board members and staff to be ambassadors for YCCF, and leads a development staff that achieves measurable objectives toward the foundation’s strategic fundraising priorities:
- Increase the size of YCCF’s endowment,
- Add 100 legacy donors by 2022, and
- Increase the percentage of unrestricted funds.
This is a great time to join the York County Community Foundation team. Yorkers know YCCF as a highly capable and trustworthy institution that plays a key leadership role in building a great community. There is ample opportunity for fruitful conversations with receptive and generous donors. With a recently launched marketing campaign, the YCCF brand is becoming more recognizable as the undisputed first choice for endowed charitable giving in York County.
The ideal Chief Development Officer will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Six to eight years of donor or client-centered cultivation experience; community foundation experience is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge of major gifts, planned giving, and estate planning.
- Demonstrated experience building new pools of prospects among current and future wealth holders.
- A passion for the mission of community foundations and knowledge of the issues facing communities.
- Ability to gain the confidence of YCCF staff and Board members, and the region’s legal and financial professionals, by working effectively with them to connect with prospective donors.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
More information can be found here.
Questions, resumés, and CVs should be sent to email@example.com