Position Title: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Department: MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Director
Hours: Full time; 37.5 hours per week
MISSION: To create a vibrant York County by engaging donors, providing community leadership, investing in high-impact initiatives while building endowment for future generations.
York County Community Foundation (YCCF) is one of the fastest-growing community foundations in Pennsylvania, playing a central role in creating a vibrant York County. It achieves its mission by engaging donors and nonprofit organizations in creating endowed funds that support community improvement today and into the future. As the fourth largest community foundation in Pennsylvania, YCCF awards between $5 million and $6 million in grants each year as stewards of gifts made by donors wishing to turn their passion into a lasting legacy for York County.
This is a great time to join the York County Community Foundation team. Yorkers know YCCF as a highly-capable and trustworthy institution that plays a key leadership role in building a great community. With a focus on marketing the organization over the past few years, the YCCF brand is becoming more recognizable as the undisputed first choice for endowed charitable giving in York County.
You’ll be joining a mission-focused organization with a stable financial foundation that enables us to support long-term impact in our community.
In 2021, YCCF celebrates 60 years of creating a vibrant York County. As we embark upon this milestone year, the staff and board went through a strategic planning process in 2020 to help chart our course for the future. We’ve identified exciting and ambitious goals for our organization and we’re looking for someone to join our dynamic and professional staff who can help us reach them while embracing YCCF’s values.
We value courage.
We value diversity and equity.
We value strategic, collaborative, and inclusive approaches.
We value integrity.
We value innovation.
Be a key part of making York County a better place to live and work. Use your marketing and communications expertise to spread the word about amazing programs and projects improving the lives of your neighbors.
YCCF’s Marketing & Communications Department works across the organization to help make sure fundraising goals are achieved, stakeholders have confidence in YCCF, and more people know us and how our grants support the community.
As part of the Marketing & Communications Department, you will work to achieve specific annual and longer-term strategic marketing, communications, and organizational goals as set by the Marketing Director in the annual marketing plan. The Communications Coordinator supports the Marketing Director in relating the value of the foundation and endowment to the community and creating a compelling case for support across multiple communications channels to several target audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Engaging Donors (45%)
- Create e-communications to donors, professional advisors, grantees and members of the community.
- Develop and manage mailing lists for all communications.
- Create giving tools for fundholders.
- Create, write and produce promotional materials, Annual Report and website content.
- Manage YCCF’s social media channels including posting and reporting; continually analyzing effectiveness to better amplify YCCF’s message in proactive and timely ways.
- Coordinate the promotional aspects of events, including liaising with technical vendors, manage day-of event tasks, and development of event communications.
- Assist development team in collecting donor stories.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Providing Community Leadership (5%)
- Participate, as appropriate, in industry associations to stay current on best practices and help promote legacy giving and generosity in York County.
- Represent YCCF at community events as an ambassador to develop and sustain relationships.
Investing in High-Impact Initiatives (40%)
- Maintain consistent communication with YCCF’s grantmaking department to collect grantee stories to share with donors, fundholders, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the promotion of grant opportunities.
- Maintain and add to photo and video libraries.
- Write and distribute press materials and assist in logistics of media events. Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of the media.
- Track and analyze media outreach and results.
- Data management including organizing and analyzing YCCF data while also safeguarding a company’s security and confidentiality standards
Building Endowment for Future Generations (5%)
- Maintain a solid understanding of YCCF’s investment approach.
- Help translate investment strategies and returns for event remarks and marketing materials.
Institutional Leadership (5%)
- Assist in the development of department and organizational plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the organization to streamline processes and maximize communications opportunities
- Incorporate organization’s values into all interactions with colleagues.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement to identify and implement ideas for organizational improvement.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications, marketing, fundraising, or similar field.
- A commitment to excellent customer service and demonstrated capacity to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. If selected for an interview, writing samples and a writing test will be required.
- Enthusiasm for sharing stories of our donors, grants, and leadership with the community.
- Knowledge of database or CRM systems is preferred.
- Exemplary ability to work collaboratively and to maintain positive relationships with the team.
- Ability to maintain a flexible office schedule to accommodate YCCF presence in the community with required participation in Community Foundation events on occasional evenings or early mornings.
- Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives and execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed deadlines.
- An experimental and creative mindset, you relish the opportunity to try new things.
- You have a track record of consistently achieving or exceeding marketing goals.
- High-energy, outgoing, can-do personality, ability to prioritize and triage real-time demands of ongoing marketing projects, campaigns; and foundation initiatives.
Functional skills include: excellent relationship-building skills; strong communication skills (written and verbal); analysis and problem-solving skills; strong listening ability; creativity; strong organizing and prioritizing skills; ability to work with volunteers; flexibility and openness to a changing environment; teamwork, honesty, confidentiality, ethics, dependability and effective work habits.
Technical skills include: experience and understanding of marketing and communications best practices; knowledge in computer technology and system/software applications; basic office management systems; knowledge of data base management systems and interface with other software applications.
YCCF Inclusion Policy
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of York County Community Foundation on the basis of age, race, color religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249 ©(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical or mental ability.
YCCF offers a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, health, vision and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid parking, and more!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, YCCF is working remotely, and all initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to:
York County Community Foundation at [email protected]
Applications must be received by January 15, 2021. No phone calls.