Memorial Health Fund
Our new grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues. With up to $1 million to grant this year, we're looking to fund programs that address issues to improve the complete physical, mental and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
We highly encourage nonprofit collaboration!
•May 7, 2018 Competitive grant cycle opens
•July 31, 2018 Applications due
•Sept. 14, 2018 Revised applications due
•Nov. 12, 2018 Grant awards announced
The new MHF grant program is designed to be flexible. Funding is not limited to large grants, but the potential exists to fund one very high-impact program, many small ones, or everything in between. With its broad mission, any nonprofit, when collaborating with other nonprofits on health-related issues, would have the potential to receive a grant.
Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities.
More information coming soon.
Click here to access our online grant application system
Read our eligibility requirements
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
See a list of our 2016 grants here.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
Jack Kay, Chair
Chloé R. Eichelberger
Michael H. Hady III
Mark Illfelter, M.D.
Jody L. Keller
Susan D. Krebs
Lori O. Mitrick
John J. Shorb
Margaret Z. Swartz
Terry N. York, D.O.